What we do
As your government relations consultant, we provide high-level strategic and tactical assistance to guide you through influencing government at all levels. Much like a GPS tracking system, we provide you with a roadmap to success, navigating the complex, confusing and sometimes misleading world of government and politics.
Because Glaab & Associates is comprised of former top-level government officials, we successfully help our clients:
- Gain access to key government officials
- Introduce new issues to the officials, articulating them so they understand your point of view
- Win key votes
- Change government rules and regulations to benefit our clients
- Influence decisions made by elected and appointed officials, as well as staff
- Gain government contracts
Making the contact is only half the battle. Our team at Glaab & Associates is very attuned to the accuracy of statements made by elected and appointed officials at all levels. We know when government is not giving our clients a fair shot, or not dealing fair. We know when to push, how hard to push and when to pull back and go a different direction.
Whether it is a regulatory issue, a legislative issue or a political issue, G&A has the contacts at all levels of government to influence decisions and ensure results.
- State level: We advocate and influence decisions for our clients at the Governor’s office, throughout the State Legislature and within the “bowels of government” bureaucracy where the work actually gets done. Our team’s years of expertise at the top levels of State government help provide our clients with inside knowledge of the process and the ability to influence it.
- County level: We advocate at the County level with the Board of Supervisors, their staff and throughout the County departments, as well.
- Local level: We advocate at city councils, with city managers and city staff
How we do it
When working with our clients, we follow a well-established and proven process:
- Identify the problem
- Develop an accurate way to articulate the problem to government
- Target the right government entity and decision makers
- Influence the decision
- Stay flexible to handle evolving issues and to change tactics if and when we hit a roadblock.
Getting the end result desired by our clients may require several different tactics. At Glaab & Associates, we have the expertise needed to successfully identify the tactics and we have the expertise to realize when it is time to change directions when needed. We will:
- Represent your organization at public meetings
- Testify on your behalf
- Maintain an ongoing presence among critical government agencies and decision makers
- Develop and conduct public outreach programs and speaking events
- Develop strategic alliances and coalitions that benefit your organization and that influence your targeted elected and government entities
- Develop strategic communication plans that include media materials and a crisis response plan to influence government bodies